- Via Good Spirits News: Behind the stick - the Bon Vivant's Companion - a conversation with David Wondrich
Wine is rarely mixed with Red Bull. The cocktail has a whole disreputable frat-house wing that keeps many from taking it seriously. On the other hand, who wants to be taken seriously?
- Via Edible Geography: Glacial Terroir // Mobile Libations. Ever wondered what centuries old glacial ice tastes like? Or which drinks are more popular on which parts of the NYC subway?
- Via the Atlantic: High tech drinks for amateurs and pros - 3 techniques, 7 recipes // Don't let iPhones and Blackberrys kill bar debates
- Via Art of Drink: How to name a cocktail
- Via just-drinks.com: SAB Miller takes a lead from Kevin Costner. In terms of floating breweries rather than taking $80m and turning into The Postman.
- Via Off the Presses: Is Grant Achatz reading cocktail blogs?
- Via io9: Tia Maria and the physics of getting liquored up. This may be the only mention Tia Maria ever gets here.