After much debate, we've decided on the 2010 Old Town Alchemy official cocktail of summer.
50ml 42 Below Feijoa
25ml lime juice
8-10 mint leaves
Shake all ingredients with ice and fine-strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a single mint leaf.
- Diageo have crowned Erik Lorincz from London's Connaught Hotel as their World Class Bartender of the Year for 2010. Second place went to Do Hwan Eom of the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul, South Korea, with (cocktail blogger and all round nice bloke) Max La Rocca from Sheen Falls Lodge Relais and Chateaux in Kerry, Ireland. Congratulations all round.
- NYC's Painkiller turn their tiki-research eye toward the Pina Colada.
- Not boozy, but still a wonderful piece - the Last of the Seltzer Men.
- Red wine just keeps getting better for you.
- Age statements - yea or nay?
- What could lead to a beer "as bitter as the mood in Cleveland"? LeBron who?